Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Too Big For Her Britches 2 1/2 Year Old

Ever have one of those moments when your heart drops to your stomach, but swells with pride at the same time?

A rather odd experience, I know. I got the pleasure of getting to go through it today.

While feeding Jenna in her highchair Haddie changed Jackson's diaper.

This entailed getting him out of his bouncy seat, laying him on the floor, getting a diaper and baby wipe, opening the snaps on his onesie, getting the diaper off, wiping him up, and putting a clean diaper back on. She wasn't able to get the snaps snapped back up.

Not once did Jackson cry or make a sound. I should have known when all I heard was silence that something was up. Now my 2 1/2 year old is beaming with pride and very confident of the fact that she can pick him up and/or change him whenever she thinks she needs to.


If all three of my children survive to adulthood it shall be a miracle...

No comments:

Post a Comment