Saturday, August 27, 2011

An Old Post That Never Got Posted

My Life

Is about to get crazy! Three kids under three?! I've said all along that I felt like I could totally handle another baby. It's the pregnancy that was hard to "accept" and has been a hard one, BUT as this little one gets more and more "done" I'm beginning to realize how drastically my life is going to change. Some days I have panic attacks just thinking about it. Don't get me wrong! I can't wait to hold and snuggle this tiny little bundle! That sweet baby smell, and those tiny little sounds they make....I'm getting all excited just thinking about it, but the weight of adding another one to the mix when I've already got two that are still so needy gets a little heavy. 

I was sitting on the couch watching the birdies in the front yard with the girls. I felt sick to my stomach and thought, "yuck. This feels like morning sickness...GASP....What if I'm pregnant?!?! Oh my word! What in the world would....Oh. I. AM. Pregnant. !!! EIGHT MONTHS pregnant!!" That was a scary moment. I told Jake about it later and his reaction was to shake his head and say, "Yeah, you shouldn't have told me that."

This summer has been so incredibly busy! I was hoping for that so that time would go by quickly and we do better on a routine. So we have park days and swim days planned out plus the other things that you do and get invited to during the summer. I can't believe I only have 5 weeks left!! If you think about it...I could have a baby in two weeks. :-0 Prolly won't, but I COULD. 
I must complain about all my aches and pains quite often. I know I share when the baby has hiccups or moves. I'll grab Haddie's hand and let her feel. But lately when getting in to bed or doing something strenuous, Haddie will grab her belly and say, "Oh, ouch, *sigh* oh *groan*" Also she'll just be walking along and stop suddenly and excitedly say as she pulls up her shirt, "My baby just kicked!" She is pretty excited about meeting this little one. 

Jenna has no clue how much her world is about to change. She is such a sweet little thing that I think she'll handle it OK. She is getting so big! Not necessarily growing so big, just doing big girl things. She is so close to walking. I was hoping she would be steady on her feet by the time this one arrived, but it's not looking that way (I can feel a panic attack coming on now just thinking about it!) I do have to remind myself that I won't be pregnant AND carrying around two little ones. Believe it or not that does make a HUGE difference! She is now in 3-6 and 6-9 month clothes! I was getting so tired of her wardrobe options! She has got quite the appetite lately. As she eats I look at her tiny little body and wonder where she is putting it.

I'm so germ conscious it kills me to take Haddie to the bathroom in public places. I tell her as we're walking in, "don't touch ANYTHING." When I set her on the toilet I put her hands on her thighs and tell her not to touch the toilet. And of course I stand there dancing waiting for her to finish so I can go. As soon as I start to sit down she'll tell me, "Don't touch the toilet, Mommy! Don't touch ANYTHING!" She is doing so many cute things. At this age it's hard tho because to sit here and explain it to you it's not really that funny, but to witness it, it cracks you up.

1 comment:

  1. love it that you let me see your fun times and funny times and maybe times you just need to share on your blog

    ReplyDelete