Monday, November 8, 2010

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. ~ Oscar Wilde

That's Not Dirt On My Kitchen Floor

That's not dirt on my kitchen floor
Look away, I must implore
Not dirt at all, I cry
Just what's left as the kids ran by
Those aren't piles of clothes on my couch
Please don't sit down, they might scream ouch
Not unfolded laundry are they
They're mountains and caves where the children play
That's not a smudge on my window pane
Nor is that dirt in my window frame
It was left just that way, I timidly say
So I can walk down memory lane
Those aren't unmade beds you see
Now close the door, I say with a plea
No unmade beds in this clean house
Just trampolines for my little mouse
Those aren't cobwebs way up there
Now look over here, I say with a flare
It's on my to do list, it was put there last year
I just haven't got time to take check it, I fear
Those aren't dirty dishes in my sink
Ten more appear every time I blink
No dirty dishes everywhere
Just full tummies in that highchair
Those aren't crumbs on my living room carpet
OK, so they are, please just don't repeat it
At least they had fun while making such a mess
I say as we step back and asses
You see I've got little ones
I love and adore them tons
In this here house, we cherish them
Having fun, we don't condemn
(By Colby Photography)
If a clean house is what you came to see
Then perhaps you should call and send a warning
Even then, I make no promises
I'll probably be smothering my kids in kisses 
(By Teeter Photography)

9 comments:

  1. You said this so wonderfully keep the poems going

    ReplyDelete
  2. My house was called Drop and Plop Inn and Eat and Run restaurant < so you will not have to do dishes> and they ran fast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm....how did I not know you're an amazing writer???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! You think I'm an amazing writer?! How sweet! Because I've never blogged...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They grow up to fast so latherem up with Loves before they think they are to old for hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. and I think we should have a roof that just opens once a week and junk sucker just sweeeps over and grabs the loose junk , dust and dust bunnies

    ReplyDelete