Friday, November 19, 2010

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.” ~ E. L. Doctorow

My Day

It amazes me how I wake up in the mornings with my whole day planned, written out on my little butterfly sticky notes, (I get nothing done unless I have a list, it is my morning routine to write one.) starting with breakfast and the to do's I plan on doing that day. I honestly think as I write them out that I will get them done, and in that order. My list today? breakfast, living room, kitchen, lunch, kids nap, workout, bathrooms, shower, dinner, clean carpet. I also needed to organize the office, AGAIN. After having checked that off my list a few days ago Haddie so sweetly pulled all the books off the bookshelves I spent a few hours rearranging just so. Thank you O.C.D. Also, the girls room STILL needs organized, and I have boxes in our bedroom I still need to go through and put away. So, I thought I was being reasonable by not putting EVERYTHING on the list. Just the things I thought I could accomplish today. Bah!

You know what I accomplished. I know you probably guessed breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Yeah, yeah, whatever, you guessed right, BUT I also, let me proudly say, napped the girls. Ha! Feeling proud of me yet? OK, so I did more than that. I worked out as well, with a few interruptions. The stupid DVD kept skipping because my little darling played with it while I was preoccupied. (probably while I was eating!) It was a blessed interruption tho because I was doing level three, which I have not yet done, so the skips and freezes were a nice break. I thought about letting myself be done when halfway through the second round of three it skipped to the end where Jillian is saying how proud she is of me that I accomplished it....it had to skip to that part. So, yes, I took it out and wiped it down. I am happy to say it worked after that. Really, I am. (sarcasm? what sarcasm?) Again tho, it was a nice break for breath catching before she started "encouraging" me to keep going. Also, I got a phone call that I HAD to take. Unfortunately it was a quick call.

I did get the living room done and cleaned the kitchen. Well...I swept the floor (the shredded cheese that Haddie spilled all over the floor forced me to, otherwise it probably would have been put in tomorrow's to do's) and cleaned up the counters. unfortunately, I didn't get to the dishes or mopping. I got the girls in bed and was about to start on the carpets when I decided to make myself some decaf. I was hungry, but didn't want to go over my calories for the day, and it was late. Got it made, and started on the carpets only to discover the agitator wasn't working so, I let Jake figure it out while I finished sipping on my coffee. 

The carpets are done and I would normally be dead asleep right about now, but the lovely decaf I sipped on (all four cups) was not decaf. So, here I am babbling on at 12:08 am about my day and how unsuccessful it was, contemplating going over my calories to calm these shakes. Nothing like caffeine on an empty stomach to make you feel like the addict! The shower (don't judge!), kitchen, and bathrooms will have to wait till morning, probably at an ungodly hour since I won't be able to sleep because of the adrenaline coursing through my veins. I curse you caffeine!  




No comments:

Post a Comment