Monday, October 10, 2011

Girls Night

I LOVE my children and I'm so grateful I get to stay home with them. I wouldn't want it any other way! However, some days are just difficult. Changing diapers, feeding and cleaning up after, and dividing my time equaling between all three kids during the day and then being "on call" at night can be very exhausting. Physically exhausting, but also emotionally as well. 
Some days I feel like this!
Tonight tho...tonight was girls night! Woohoo! Kid free, coffee indulging, grown up talk, Chocolate friendly, blessed, girls night! It had been a particularly hard day and girls night couldn't have come on a better day. Jake would be home soon. I was ready to go. I just finished pumping for the baby (who I would be leaving at home). I set it down to run to the bathroom real quick (thanks to my three kids my bladder thinks it can't handle more than 1/2 an ounce at a time). I come back out to grab the milk to put away and....Jenna was holding the container, the EMPTY container, sitting in a puddle of milk on the couch. NO! My ticket to 3 hours of "freedom"! OK, forget about the coffee. I need a drink! I thought about changing the location to a place that offers a little bit stronger of a drink, but then, I'd have the baby so...forget the decaf. Give me a double shot of the hard stuff!

2 comments:

  1. What did you do today...Believe me more then I can say .As Pancakes fly right off the grill ...Oh now there is another spill.you cleaned the floor today? ...yes yes three times and more, and dishes piled up so high I washed them to you see.With crying baby at my side and one upon my hip and try to might to do this trick and get the laundry done .Two in diapers that need my time an one a story nursery rhyme .And yes I dressed them serveral times and cleaned thier faces to but you see the time just keeps on passing more and more to do .Your Hair and Nails you tell me of the time you get to spend I hardly say much to my very bestest friend .You tell me I will miss this and the marks up on the wall .but for now my childrens smiles are the best times of them all.So my husband when I tell you words can not express that I really really did alot today I sure need rest

    ReplyDelete
  2. wrote this when my sons were I think about 4 yrs old

    ReplyDelete