Monday, October 3, 2011

My Remade Bench and Wall Art

I enjoy making things. Things I see that I don't want to buy. Things I need, but don't have the money to buy or I simply don't want to shop for. Things I see online and just have to try. Whatever the reason, I really enjoy creating things and remaking things. Haddie sees my love for creating and must admire it because today, while playing with a friend, she told her, "See that tree? My mommy made it.". Made my heart happy! :) Of course I promptly  explained that God made that tree, but mommy was cool enough she could probably do it too...not really. I mean, I didn't tell her that...but I bet I am ;) Now, before God strikes me dead, I meant to say I could probably REmake it.

A while back Jake came home with a couple boxes of cupboard and drawer samples from his job. I was quite irritated and asked what in the world we would do with a hundred or so of THESE?!?! Wasn't long before I put them to good use! :) I got this bench at an auction and fell in love with it. I, however, did not like the material so like any lover of all things remade, I recovered it. AND made some cool art to match. Now I only have 94 left to do something with ;)



It is my favorite spot in the house at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment